- Alarm.com GE Simon 3 Alarm panel, Part Number 60-875
- Alarm.com GE Simon XT Alarm Panel
- Voltage Regulator kit custom made by me — for sale to you for $150 (see below for more information).
|A GE Simon 3 alarm panel running off of a 12-volt battery|
See one version of this setup in action:If you are trying to secure a building that does not have AC power, your choices are limited (I know of no other option). I work at a business where we are building new homes and rehabbing old homes and there are many times when we have valuable material (copper piping, electrical wiring, water heaters, furnaces, and even appliances) in the building but do not have electric service and definitely don’t have a phone line either. We need to secure the building none-the-less.
|A GE Simon XT alarm panel powered off a 12-volt battery. This model includes a voltmeter you can use to test the 12-volt battery input and the 6.5-volt output|
|The back side of the setup where you can see the extra alarm siren mounted on the back.|
All my GE Simon Alarm Posts:
- How to Delete a Sensor on a GE Simon XT Alarm
- How to Program a Simon 3 Alarm System to Call Your Cell Phone
- How to Set a Dialog QS1500 Touchtalk Interactive Keypad, Part No 60-924-3-01, in Chime Mode
- How to Power a Simon 3 or Simon XT Alarm System Permanently With a Battery (this post)
- How to Add a Sensor to a GE Simon 3 Alarm System
- How to Delete a Sensor from a GE Simon 3 Alarm System