- Dialog QS1500 Touchtalk Interactive Keypad, Part No. 60-924-3-01
- GE Simon 3 Alarm panel, Part Number 60-875
In key mode, voice feedback is heard only at the keypad when a system command is entered (into the remote keypad). Examples of this would be: system status, arming and disarming. In this mode the keypad does not repeat siren sounds and will not make any alarm sounds or status beeps. This feature extends battery life to the keypad and gives feedback only to the user who needs it. When the keypad is in key mode it is compatible with Simon 3 panels version 3.3 and newer.
In chime mode, all voice feedback that is heard in key mode, plus, trouble beeps, entry/exit beeps and alarm sounds (Fire, Aux, Police) are heard at the keypad. The keypad will also respond to panel broadcast messages at multiple keypads. While in chime mode the keypad can be supervised and will send supervision messages to the panel. In chime mode the keypad is compatible with Simon 3 panels version 4.0 and newer.
- How to Delete a Sensor on a GE Simon XT Alarm
- How to Program a Simon 3 Alarm System to Call Your Cell Phone
- How to Set a Dialog QS1500 Touchtalk Interactive Keypad, Part No 60-924-3-01, in Chime Mode (this post)
- How to Power a Simon 3 or Simon XT Alarm System Permanently With a Battery
- How to Add a Sensor to a GE Simon 3 Alarm System
- How to Delete a Sensor from a GE Simon 3 Alarm System